Law Offices of Barry I. Finkel, P.A.
Call Our Firm
Ft. Lauderdale 954-776-1414
Boca Raton 561-910-1870

Can I appeal the judge’s ruling in my divorce case?

Usually when your lawyer and you try to settle a divorce, you work hard to find a middle ground that each individual can be happy with. If that scenario doesn’t work, the case may have to be decided by a family court judge. Either way, the hope is that the outcome will be one that you can be satisfied with long term.

Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Sometimes, a judge makes a ruling that you consider to be extremely unfair based on the evidence presented. Is there something you can do in this situation? Well, it kind of depends. Just because you feel a judge’s ruling was unfair, doesn’t mean that an appeal will be successful. In fact, the threshold for an appeal is very high, so it may be rare that one would go through. But rare definitely does not mean impossible.

If there is truly a valid reason that you believed caused the judge to make an incorrect ruling, you may have a case. Your attorney can work with you in order to determine whether an appeal has a likeliness of making a difference. It is definitely worth the effort if you believe the court made an error or if an abuse of discretion has a likeliness of being proven.

From the get-go it’s important to try to present all the evidence necessary in order to get a favorable outcome, but if that does not turn out to be the case, you may want to consider filing an appeal.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Schedule A Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response